The liver is an extremely important organ, as it is in charge of detoxifying our body of all the impurities and toxins we eat, such as alcohol and fried foods. So check out 5 recipes for liver cleansing in this article.
The liver not only protects us from toxins, it also has the ability to regenerate itself. However, having this ability does not mean that we can damage it without worrying.
On the contrary: the best we can do is take care of it, maintaining a healthy diet and away from the toxins that cause so much damage.
To clean the liver there are several options. We have compiled here the most effective and natural ones.
This way, you can take advantage of what’s in nature while saving money.
Recipes to Cleanse the Liver
1. Grapefruit, lemon and orange juice
Thanks to their antioxidant properties they are favorites to eliminate toxins and fats from all over our bodies and also help the colon and liver.
Furthermore, they strengthen the immune system and promote good health. Thus, the combination of these three fruits creates a wonderful juice that helps to clean the liver.
- 2 oranges
- 1 lemon
- 2 grapefruits (pink or yellow)
- 1 teaspoon of olive oil (5 g)
- First, take the fruit and completely remove the skin and seeds.
- Place all ingredients in a blender. If desired, you can add a little water and ice.
- Process until you get a smooth juice.
It is recommended to drink this juice in the morning and always freshly prepared. If you feel too acidic, you can add some green leafy vegetables.
2. Beetroot and lemon juice
Beetroot is rich in antioxidants thanks to the fact that it contains betalains, which are substances that give it its characteristic purple color.
Furthermore, it favors the elimination of heavy metals from our body. Thus, it helps to prevent diseases such as liver cancer.
This, combined with the lemon benefits we already know, makes a powerful liver-cleaning juice.
- 1 large beet
- The juice of 1 large lemon or 2 small ones
- Wash the beets, peel and chop.
- Squeeze the lemon.
- Put everything in a blender and process.
It is recommended to drink this juice as soon as it is ready to prevent it from losing its properties.
3. Orange and ginger juice
This juice combines the antioxidant benefits of orange with the properties of ginger. The latter helps to improve everything related to digestion and, in addition, it has anti-inflammatory qualities.
The combination of flavors results in a drink with a delicious taste. The result will be a refreshing juice to cleanse the liver without remorse.
- 1 big orange or 2 small ones
- 1 teaspoon of freshly grated ginger (5 g)
- Take the orange, peel it and remove the seeds.
- In a blender or food processor, add orange and ginger, then blend together.
It is recommended to drink this juice 3 nights in a row. However, if you want more noticeable effects, you can take it for 7 nights.
4. Dandelion, apple, garlic, ginger and onion
This effective and powerful juice is excellent for cleansing the liver and purifying all the toxins that it cannot expel on its own.
Dandelion provides the liver with the enzymes it needs to do its job.
In addition, this drink serves as a diuretic, so it prevents fluid retention, reduces abdominal inflammation, reduces menstrual bloating and is excellent for the skin.
Basically it’s an all in one.
- 1 handful of fresh dandelion
- 1 cup of water
- 4 apples
- 2 small garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon of freshly grated ginger (10 g)
- 1 onion slice
- First, infuse the dandelion and water.
- Peel and chop the apple and garlic.
- Put all the ingredients in a blender and then process until you get a smooth juice.
- Enjoy your juice!
5. Grapefruit, garlic and ginger juice
Grapefruit is an excellent fruit for eliminating toxins and also a great ally for liver health.
Combined with the goodness of ginger and garlic, we can get a juice that is perfect for cleaning this organ.
- The juice of 2 grapefruits
- The juice of 4 lemons
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 slice of ginger
- 1 glass and a half of water (300 ml)
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil (32 g)
- First, squeeze the grapefruits and lemons into a glass.
- Grate the ginger.
- In a blender, add the squeezed juices along with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
Cleansing the liver doesn’t have to be expensive or difficult.
All of these juices are excellent for helping to clean the liver.
However, you must take into account that neither extreme is good, so it is recommended to drink these juices for 3 or at most 7 days or continuous nights and then stop.
If you feel habitual discomfort in the liver region, the best thing you can do is to see a doctor to examine you and carry out routine tests.
Also, it ‘s important to maintain a healthy diet, as juices alone won’t solve the entire problem.
Main image provided by © wikiHow.com