The appearance of the skin is something most women are concerned about. In this sense, many make efforts to prevent or fight the dreaded stretch marks. Luckily, there are some tricks to improve the appearance of stretch marks.
For all those who do not know what stretch marks are, it should be said that they are the result of the rupture of the skin’s elastic fibers.
When the skin stretches, the fibers with less elasticity break and these marks appear.
They are frequent mainly in women in the pregnancy stage. At first the streaks are pink in color, then reddish and finally white.
Basically, they are a reflection of the separation of the skin.
Stretch marks appear without warning or pain, although sometimes they can manifest a slight burning sensation and stretching.
To prevent them, it is recommended to keep your skin hydrated at all times. In this way, we will be able to have more flexible skin and, in view of possible physical changes, it will be able to stretch without causing the rupture of the skin fibers.
Types of Stretch
We must take into account that not all stretch marks are the same.
- First, we find stretch marks, which are produced when the skin stretches or stretches due to sudden changes in weight.
- Second, we would include those that form at the puberty stage. We are facing a very delicate period in which the body undergoes important changes.
During puberty, hormonal disorders can give rise to the formation of atrophic streaks which, if not avoided, will be irreversible.
- In third place would be the so-called pregnancy stretch marks: those that result from pregnancy, mainly on the breasts, hips, buttocks and belly.
They usually occur in the sixth month of pregnancy, when the skin starts to tighten.
- There are stretch marks that can appear after a treatment with steroids.
- Finally, stretch marks can also appear as the result of an excess of intense exercises that produce a modification in the textural diameter (in the case of athletes, dancers, etc.).
How to improve the appearance of stretch marks?
1. Use specific creams to improve the appearance of stretch marks
Creams and products rich in vitamin A, such as rosehip, are ideal for fighting stretch marks.
They usually have regenerative properties and apply them daily, whether in cream or oil, will make your stretch marks improve remarkably.
2. Increase your intake of vitamin A and B to improve the appearance of stretch marks
Vitamins A and B will make your body regenerate connective tissue and produce collagen, so they will be very helpful to improve your stretch marks.
To get them, try to increase the consumption of:
Exfoliating treatments help to remove impurities and different layers of the skin, so they are ideal for treating this troublesome condition.
Mandelic acid (present in bitter almonds) and glycolic acid (extracted from sugar cane) will provide us with very satisfactory results.
If you want to resort to deeper treatments, diamond tip dermabrasion is the most effective.
4. Laser treatments to improve the appearance of stretch marks
Laser treatments can be another alternative that will help fight these uncomfortable marks. However, due to its cost, not everyone is able to do it.
Although it is not a natural treatment, very good results are obtained, so we should not underestimate them.
5. Mesotherapy to improve the appearance of stretch marks
Mesotherapy is an ideal treatment to eliminate stretch marks that have appeared recently (purple colored ones).
It consists of injecting certain compounds over the region in question (such as hyaluronic acid, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals or amino acids) to promote cell regeneration and restore the skin.
We should consult our physician about this practice in our particular case and always resort to professionals.
6. Horsetail to improve the appearance of stretch marks
Horsetail is not only good for fluid retention, but it can also be effective for stretch marks thanks to its silicon content.
- 4 cups of 40º alcohol (1 liter)
- ½ cup of horsetail (100 g)
- 8 to 10 drops of lemon juice
- 2 cups of water (500 ml)
- In a dark glass, combine the 40º alcohol with the horsetail and the drops of lemon juice.
- We will leave it to macerate for a month. After that, we will dilute the medicine with the two cups of water.
- We will massage the areas affected by stretch marks twice a day using this remedy.
You will notice the difference!