Stress and anxiety are part of our life. These natural emotions act as survival mechanisms in humans. They activate us to adapt to challenges much better.
So we need to be able to see that stress, well managed and controlled, is positive. It acts as an energy capable of giving us strength and encouragement to solve problems and respond better to small daily adversities.
However, the problem comes when we lose control, when tension builds, when the brain only sees dangers and doesn’t rationalize them.
Day by day, this stress becomes chronic until it falls into a state of absolute helplessness where anxiety, muscle pain, headaches, hypertension soon appear…
So, to avoid or minimize this scenario, we propose to our readers that they put these 7 pieces of advice into practice.
There are 7 ideas that we can follow in the morning. Choose the ones that best suit your needs and start facing the day healthier!
1. Get up a little earlier
We know that it is not easy, that taking an hour of sleep from our rest is not something we can do every day.
However, try to get up at least half an hour early. The reasons why we should get up a little earlier are multiple and very interesting:
- It will allow you to slow down and go more slowly (leaving home in a hurry increases stress).
- Also, getting up earlier and in a more relaxed way helps to be more present, to be aware of the here and now.
- That way, we will be able to devote more time to some simple exercises with which to manage stress and anxiety.
2. Drink a glass of water in small sips
The main key to managing daily stress is to slow down and develop a fuller, calmer, and more intuitive awareness of your own needs.
- We spend the day depending on these external focuses: what others expect of us, what we still need to do, what we must do.
- Therefore, it is necessary to change the chip and look inward, to the body and mind that need to be purified and oxygenated.
- So, one way to achieve this is to drink a glass of water on an empty stomach. Drink slowly, without haste.
3. Meditate for 5 minutes
Meditation improves our quality of life and has a very beneficial impact on our brain. It relaxes us, allows us to revitalize tension, attend to our inner being, and channel anxiety.
Also, something we should be aware of is that meditation is trained on a daily basis.
The benefits are not seen in the first week, but rather after a while, when our mind has learned to disconnect from the outside to connect with the inside.
4. Get some exercise for 10 minutes
You only need 10 minutes of your time. Once you get up, drink a glass of water and meditate, nothing better than doing some crunches, walking, jumping. ..
Choose the one that best suits your possibilities and is not too high in intensity.
Thus, blood circulation will improve, our heart will be strengthened day by day and we will face the side effects of stress more effectively.
5. An anti-stress breakfast
To start the day in the best way, it is also necessary to take care of our nutrition.
There are foods that, thanks to their high content of antioxidants, vitamins and proteins, for example, allow us to increase our defenses so that the capacity to respond to stress is appropriate.
So, write down which ones can help us and start including at breakfast:
- black chocolate
- an infusion of chamomile
6. Visualize your daily life
- Today my day will be peaceful.
- Nothing and nobody will change my inner peace.
- I’ll make it through my day and nothing will ever have the power to hurt me.
- I know what my strengths are, I know what I’m worth and nothing and no one will make me feel weak.
- Today my day will have times when I will fulfill my responsibilities, but I also allow myself to have time for myself, to be me, to relax and practice what I like.
7. Leave home “nourished” with positive emotions
It’s not nonsense. Let’s think about it. How many times do we leave the house in a bad mood?
For example, an argument with our partner, hurrying with our children, or even our own thoughts that our day is going to be horrible will undoubtedly increase the feeling of stress.
- Try leaving home with a good load of positive emotions in your personal backpack.
- Say goodbye to your family with a “I love you”, with words that stay in the heart and give us encouragement for the whole day.
- Also, convince yourself that everything will be fine and that you deserve to be happy. A calm mind brings balance to your life.
Finally, be sure to put this advice into practice.