Although they are a small food, they are full of beneficial properties for the body.
The main feature is precisely that they consist of less than 50% water. However, this does not prevent them from being full of vitamins and minerals that improve the functioning of our bodies.
Among its components, we find:
- Vitamin B
- Folic acid
- Vitamin E
There are two types of dried fruit:
- With peel, for example, pistachios.
- Dried fruits such as grapes and plums
How can dried fruits help you lose weight?
- For those times of the day between meals when we are looking for a snack or a snack, an excellent alternative is dried fruits since, when we eat them, we satisfy hunger and reduce the intake of carbohydrates and calories.
- As they contain a lot of fiber, they prevent and relieve constipation, in addition to facilitating the digestive process, eliminating all harmful waste for the body.
- They also help us take care of our bones. Because of their high calcium content, they maintain good bone health and strength, and prevent diseases such as osteoporosis.
- They give us a younger, healthier appearance thanks to the amount of antioxidants they contain. Thus, we are able to delay the aging process and the appearance of wrinkles.
We must be sure to eat unsalted or fried or baked nuts. Otherwise they will lose some of their properties and we will gain weight.
Also, if they are too salty, we will increase fluid retention and may overload the kidneys.
Next, we are going to list six nuts that, thanks to their properties, help us to keep our bodies functioning properly and to lose weight. Discover how nuts help you lose weight!
Nuts are a variety of dried fruit that comes from walnut, its pulp is white, covered by a hard, round and thick, coffee-colored husk.
Its consumption decreases the level of fat that tends to accumulate in the abdomen. In addition to reducing your appetite, the amount of carbohydrates they provide is minimal.
Pistachios, or pistachios, are a purple fruit with a green flesh, they are covered in a hard, halved rind and relatively easy to open.
When we eat pistachios, they are completely metabolized in our body, which results in a low calorie intake. That’s why these nuts help you lose weight.
In addition, they are very beneficial for improving vision and having healthy, strong teeth.
Almonds are a white-fleshed fruit surrounded by a thin brown skin that grows on the almond tree.
They contain healthy fats that reduce hunger and help us manage our weight. In addition, they improve digestion and are beneficial in preventing high cholesterol and heart problems.
This is a fruit whose white flesh is surrounded by a black rind with white stripes and which is obtained from the sunflower flower.
As with most nuts, sunflower seeds contain high doses of vitamins and good fats that purify and detoxify our bodies.
In the right amounts, this dried fruit gives us lots of omega 3, 6 and 9 that improve our body’s functioning and encourage fat loss.
It is a dried fruit with a dark and wrinkled appearance. Despite its appearance, it’s sweet with lots of nutrients.
Thanks to its properties, the plum improves metabolism and detoxifies our body. It eliminates problems of constipation and fat accumulation.
From the palm tree, dates are an oval-shaped fruit whose color varies between red and yellow. The consumption of dates represents a nutritious dose of fiber.
These dried fruits not only help us satisfy hunger and control our weight, they also improve our brain activity.
Also, they work as a natural remedy to treat anemia and allergy problems.
Avoid excessive consumption of nuts
Therefore, it is essential to consult a nutrition expert to guide us. Each body is different, so it is necessary to know the amount of dried fruit suitable for each person.
When buying dried fruit we must make sure that they are already ripe and the skin color is normal. Otherwise, they may contain mold or mildew (if they appear greenish on the outside).
Among the most common risks that exist due to excessive intake of nuts are:
- Toxicity when unripe fruits are consumed
- Allergic Reactions
- kidney stones