Coughs, colds, and other respiratory illnesses can affect your health, especially in cold or rainy seasons. Enjoy the options offered by nature and relieve your cough with black pepper, cloves and ginger.
Maybe when you feel some discomfort you prefer not to self-medicate, and that’s very good. However, you can alleviate some symptoms naturally and avoid possible complications with some home remedies.
In the case of a cough, this is a very common symptom that you can get rid of in a few days or weeks. There are many natural remedies to do this.
Why do we have a cough?
First, the causes of coughing are numerous. The appearance of the symptom can be due to the presence of a cold, bronchitis, flu or allergic reactions, among others.
When the airways are inflamed or contaminated, it causes a cough. It can be dry or with phlegm, depending on its origin and level of complication.
A dry cough usually appears at the beginning of a cold or flu, and after a few days a cough with phlegm may appear. The latter is easier to treat, and indicates that the body is already expelling fluids or mucus that cause an infection.
Relieve coughs with black pepper, cloves and ginger
Black pepper, cloves and ginger are beneficial ingredients for our body. Furthermore, thanks to their many properties they are excellent for the respiratory tract.
Relieve your cough with a simple recipe based on them. Also, know what each one does in your body, and what its healing virtues are.
Black pepper is a seasoning used most often to flavor meals. However, it has healing properties that you may not be aware of.
- It has antioxidant and antibacterial properties. Which help to strengthen the immune system and prevent or treat infections.
This ingredient is often used for desserts and some infusions. With regard to its therapeutic purposes, it is mainly used to treat stomach problems and improve digestion.
- Clove has analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial and antispasmodic properties. These make it a good cough treatment.
Ginger is the root par excellence in the treatment of respiratory ailments, especially sore throats. However, it is not just beneficial for this specific part of the respiratory system.
- It has expectorant, anti-inflammatory and antibiotic properties.
- Relieves respiratory tract inflammation and decongests it. Furthermore, it is very aromatic and refreshing to combat irritation.
How to prepare a remedy based on black pepper, cloves and ginger?
- 1 ginger root
- 3 whole peppercorns
- 1 cup of water (250 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of cloves (4 g)
- The juice of 1 lemon
- First, in a food processor, grind or grind the peppercorns very well.
- Then, in a pan, boil the cloves and ginger with the equivalent of a glass of water. Leave on fire for a few minutes.
- Afterwards, add black pepper to the mixture. Turn off the heat and finally add lemon juice.
- Finally, drink the preparation once or twice a day, until the cough disappears.
An easy and effective treatment that relieves cough
Early treatment will prevent the infection from progressing, or your airways from becoming too swollen.