The skin around the eyes is the thinnest and most fragile area of the entire face. It is made up of few sebaceous glands and is also deficient in collagen and elastin.
As it is such a delicate area and exposed to different environmental factors, it is not strange that over the years it is one of the first to reveal the famous “signs of age”.
Furthermore, unfortunately, the eye contour is one of the regions where several problems are most noticeable.
So, lack of adequate sleep, stress, poor diet and other habits are noticed in this part of the face.
Women have long been looking for ways to protect this part of their face against wrinkles and other unsightly changes.
Fortunately, nowadays, there are many beauty products and techniques. We can help to make up for the damage the skin is suffering so that it doesn’t weaken before its time.
For those who like the natural options or don’t have a lot of money to pay for expensive commercial treatments, today we’re going to share a very special recipe.
A natural coffee cream for the eye contour that you can make at home. What do you think about trying it out?
Homemade coffee cream for eye contour
The ingredients used in this natural coffee cream are quite interesting. They contain properties that help reduce the appearance of uncomfortable dark circles and bags that affect the beauty of the face.
Furthermore, its regular use can serve as a treatment to reduce and prevent unwanted premature wrinkles.
The antioxidants it has help repair the skin, mainly because they have the ability to inhibit the action of free radicals.
On the other hand, coffee cream contains anti-inflammatory agents that reduce dark circles and inflammation. In addition, its other components, such as jojoba and rosehip, rejuvenate and nourish the skin to avoid the famous “crow’s feet”.
- 1 tablespoon of infused coffee oil (15 ml)
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter (15 g)
- 1 tablespoon and ½ shea butter (21 g)
- 1 teaspoon and ½ rosehip oil (7 ml)
- 1 tsp and ½ jojoba oil (7 ml)
- 5 drops of lavender essential oil
- 5 drops of chamomile essential oil
- Place the cocoa and shea butter in a Maria bath over low heat.
- Soon after, when they are already melting, remove from the heat and mix the infused coffee oil, the jojoba oil and the rosehip oil.
- When you get a homogeneous mixture add the essential oils and pour everything into an airtight glass bottle, preferably opaque.
- In a cool, dry environment, this cream can last from 6 months to 1 year.
- First, clean your entire face with a facial product and be sure to remove all makeup.
- Then take a small amount of the product and apply it with your fingertips, gently massaging all over the skin around the eyes.
- It is advisable to apply it before bed so that all its properties work while you rest.
How to make infused coffee oil?
The active ingredient in this simple natural cream is coffee infused oil. It is, therefore, a very easy component to produce at home and which, thanks to its antioxidants, plays an important role in preventing the signs of aging.
- 3 tablespoons of ground coffee beans (45 g)
- ½ cup of olive oil (120 ml)
- First, heat the 120 ml of olive oil over a low heat and, when it is hot, mix in the freshly ground coffee.
- Let the mixture stand at room temperature and, for best results, overnight, before using it.
- After the recommended time, pass the product through a filter, reserve the oil and, with the coffee leftovers, exfoliate the body.
For this remedy only 15 ml of coffee oil are needed. Then the rest can be used as a treatment for the legs and other regions like the abdomen or arms.
Due to the nutrients it contains it is also good to activate blood circulation and reduce stretch marks and cellulite.
Were the tips helpful to you? So, read our upcoming articles with more suggestions for your well-being.