Today we are going to focus on what should not be lacking in every home: a magazine rack.
Although technology today has caused many magazine readers to focus on it through web pages, it’s worth knowing how we can make a magnificent magazine rack.
Magazine racks are not just for use as decorative elements in a home. If you have a store, a place where people hang out in a waiting room, or a beauty salon, you can use the following ideas to make a magazine rack from recycled products.
Original magazine rack with recycled materials
Here we will talk about three original ideas and very simple to make these recycled magazine racks with your own hands.
Magazine rack using a cereal box
It’s as simple as having a cereal box in your pantry. Pay attention to know how to do it yourself.
- Glue for paper or cardboard;
- Wrapping paper to your liking;
- Empty and big cereal box.
- First, take the cardboard box and take out any edges that are bent. Don’t force it and try not to break the box. However, if it breaks, you can fix it later.
- Once the box is disassembled, cut its tabs on the top face. Use the cutter, scissors and ruler to make the cut straight.
- On the other hand, with a rounded container, mark this outline in the upper corners of the box. Cut the corners to the rounded shape; this will be the part of the magazine rack that will be uncovered.
- Cut the sidewall of the box so that it matches the curved edge you made, so you can also see what the magazine rack will look like. Then apply glue all over the outside of the box.
- Afterwards, roll out the wrapping paper and stick it where you applied the glue. Do it carefully and avoid wrinkles or blisters. Also, cut off the rest of the wrapping paper, always leaving a margin of 1.5 centimeters.
- Glue all paper flaps onto the card as well as the inside of the box. Then, with the help of glue, stick together another paper so that the outside and inside have different designs.
- Cut the remaining wrapping paper and reassemble the cereal box. When it’s dry, you’ll have your magazine rack ready to use and store your best magazines.
Magazine rack with plastic bottles
Plastic bottles have many uses in the recycling world as we can make many different crafts with them. This time we’re going to use them to make a simple magazine rack.
- 6 plastic bottles;
- Aluminum foil;
- First, cut off the top of the bottles. Make it so that the cut remains straight.
- Then, sand to make it soft, smooth and free of edges.
- On the other hand, place the screws on the bottles along with aluminum foil on the base.
- Then screw the sheet to the wall.
As you can imagine, it is very simple and the effect created is very modern and practical. You can paint the bottles, cover them with thick, colorful string or give them a more rustic feel.
Magazine rack with food cans
The tins can easily accumulate in our kitchen and can bother us. Here we’ll tell you what you can do with them; a magazine rack. Similar to what we did with plastic bottles, we’ll talk about how to use these cans to recycle them intelligently.
- Can opener;
- Sandpaper suitable for metal;
- Wooden base on which to nail the cans;
- The number of cans you want to nail.
- First, take the cans and, with the help of the opener, cut the base to create a cylinder with an opening on both sides. Sand if necessary so that no edges remain. Nail the cans horizontally, lying down and using a screw.
- Place one can after another on top of the wood. Then the wooden board can be placed under a wooden shelf or on a table. Magazines will have to be rolled up to fit the cans.
- Definitely, the visual effect is very modern and can be very original.
You can make this type of magazine rack in the same way, but instead of horizontally, vertically. Fitting the magazines in such a way that they remain upright.
You will save the step of cutting the base, because you will directly stick the base of the cans into the wood.
In conclusion, it is very easy to create magazine racks with the most common and everyday products and articles. Surely you have a lot of imagination and have already come up with more ways to build your own magazine rack.
For example, paint a wooden plank fruit box so that you can also store your favorite magazines.