Joint pain is a common symptom that can alert you to premature wear of cartilage and ligaments, or it can also be an inflammatory problem.
Its appearance is common among the elderly, because of the deterioration caused by age, although it can also appear in young people, as a result of an injury or the practice of bad lifestyle habits.
Although many of the cases appear mildly because of physical overexertion, sometimes it becomes a chronic, recurrent problem and, therefore, difficult to treat.
There are many analgesic and anti-inflammatory treatments to overcome it, but they are not always the best alternative to reduce pain.
Luckily, there are methods of natural origin whose anti-inflammatory properties provide a feeling of relief and relaxation.
In this article we are going to share a medicinal cayenne oil, known in many places as an excellent complement against this type of problem.
Next, we’ll tell you what its benefits are and how to prepare it at home, following simple steps.
So, check with us!
Medicinal cayenne oil to relieve joint pain
Cayenne medicinal oil is a natural anti-inflammatory product. It has become popular in many places around the world for its ability to soothe muscle and joint pain.
Its main ingredient, cayenne pepper, has analgesic properties that significantly reduce pain. Improves circulation while reducing irritation to affected tissues.
The capsaicin, one of the active principles of this spice, provides a pleasant feeling of warmth and toasts fast relief because relaxes the painful areas.
In turn, it has interesting effects on sensory nerves, which send signals to the brain to lessen the symptoms of joint problems.
These benefits are enhanced by the properties of mustard seeds and ginger root, two antioxidant and anti-inflammatory ingredients that reduce pain.
Both have been used in natural medicine as a remedy for:
- leg pain
Thanks to its properties, it facilitates the expulsion of liquids and residues. Thus, it facilitates lymphatic functions and reduces the level of inflammation. In this way, it prevents the appearance of chronic problems.
How to prepare this oil to fight joint pain?
When preparing this medicinal cayenne oil, you can always have a great ally on hand to reduce joint pain that affects the joints.
Its topical application helps to relax the affected areas because it improves circulation. Thus, it promotes relief quickly.
Unlike pharmacological drugs, it does not contain aggressive chemicals, therefore, it does not cause side effects.
Best of all, although it was designed for joint pain, it can be used in the case of muscle tension, circulatory problems and inflammation of the legs.
- 1 cup of sunflower oil (200 g)
- 1 spoon of cayenne pepper (10 g)
- 2 scoops of powdered mustard seeds (20 g)
- 2 teaspoons of grated ginger root (20 g)
- Glass bottle with lid
- Wooden spoon
- sieve or fabric strainer
Method of preparation
- First, put the glass jar in a pan of water and let it boil for several minutes to sterilize it.
- Then put the sunflower oil and cayenne pepper inside.
- Mix everything with a wooden utensil and add the mustard and ginger seeds.
- Continue to stir, combining all ingredients perfectly.
- Afterwards, close the bottle tightly and store it in a dry, shaded place for a week.
- After this time, strain the product and store it in an airtight bottle.
How to apply
- Put some cayenne oil into your palms and rub in a gentle circular motion over your joints or painful areas.
- Massage for 5 minutes, or until you feel a warm feeling.
- You can repeat the application twice a day if you feel it is necessary.
- Repeat the treatment every day until the pain is eliminated.
As you can see, preparing a medicinal oil is very simple and very useful.
Be encouraged to prepare this product and keep it in your personal pharmacy to treat joint pain as it arises.
Remember that while it is not a miracle cure for joint pain, it can be an excellent complement.
Be sure to try it! But don’t forget that consulting the doctor is essential, because he will give the most appropriate indications for each case.