Rosemary alcohol and horse chestnut can be a great ally against the pain we feel in muscles and joints. They are one of the biggest causes of disability in the world.
They can appear due to age, but they are also the result of excessive physical exertion, wrong movement, stress, among others.
In most cases the pain spontaneously disappears after resting or treating it with some stretching and medication.
However, there are those who have to deal with them recurrently, as nothing seems to completely control their emergence.
There are many alternatives that can help relieve pain so that it does not interfere with everyday activities.
Fortunately, we can count on a natural alcohol made with rosemary and India nuts. Its anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties offer a calming effect, but without causing any side effects.
Rosemary alcohol and horse chestnut for pain
Rosemary and Horse Chestnut alcohol is a topical remedy. It takes advantage of the compounds of these two plants to create a treatment capable of stimulating blood circulation and, above all, reducing inflammation.
Substances that are absorbed through the skin help to curb inflammation in the joints. On the other hand, they decrease pain because they stimulate blood flow.
This natural product is recommended for:
- Decrease muscle pain
- Stop the inflammatory process
- relax tired legs
- Avoid varicose veins
- Improve circulation in the lower body.
To make it clearer how beneficial this treatment can be, below we will mention the advantages that its main ingredients offer us.
This is one of the most used medicinal plants since ancient times by many cultures around the world.
Rosemary is valued for its medicinal compounds that act positively on blood circulation problems and circulatory system disorders such as phlebitis, thrombosis and varicose veins.
Its anti-inflammatory effects also make it a good medicine to treat problems such as:
- muscle and joint pain
- Skin conditions.
Benefits of India Chestnut
Horse chestnut is one of the best treatments for circulatory system problems.
Thanks to its richness in aesculin and aescin, it can tone the blood veins and capillaries to prevent the formation of edema and other circulation disorders.
On the other hand, it acts as a powerful natural anti-inflammatory because it is able to de-inflame swollen veins and reduce fluid retention. The latter influence the increase in the inflammatory response.
Due to these benefits, currently the horse chestnut is known as one of the best remedies to fight varicose veins and those pains related to inflammation in the body.
Some of its most important applications include treating:
- bone fractures
- muscle injuries
- Joint pain.
Recipe for making alcohol from rosemary and horse chestnut at home
The homemade recipe for preparing an alcohol made from rosemary and horse chestnut is a healthy alternative to commercial treatments that are often very expensive and, by the way, not so effective.
The ingredients used can be easily purchased from the market and are usually reasonably priced.
- 150 ml of 96° alcohol
- 4 spoons of fresh rosemary (40g)
- 4 scoops of fresh horse chestnut (40g)
- 1 dark glass bottle
How to prepare it?
- First, you will have to sterilize the glass jar by boiling it in water for 25 minutes.
- Afterwards, dry it well and put the herbs inside it.
- Afterwards, add the alcohol and make sure to cover the rosemary and horse chestnut well.
- Cover the bottle and keep it in a dark place to macerate for 2 or 3 weeks.
- Stir the liquid once a day.
- After two or three weeks, strain the liquid and place it in a dark bottle.
- Take some in your hands and apply it by gently massaging your aching legs, feet or muscle groups.
- As much as possible, use it before bed for best results.
- There is no usage time limit, as it can be applied whenever we are feeling some kind of pain.
- If kept in a cool, dark place, it can be stored for up to a year.
- But beware: this product must be applied externally on the affected area of the body, and must never be ingested.
This remedy can be a great addition to the treatment of people struggling with an inflammatory disease.
On the other hand, it can also be kept in the bathroom cabinet in case someone suffers some kind of knock or muscle injury.
So, are you excited to try this natural remedy? And stay on our page because we have many more tips for your health, beauty and well-being.