Chocolate pie is a dessert that many people enjoy, and it is often enjoyed in homemade pastries. For this reason, several recipes were created with varying amounts and ingredients.
Now, the best chocolate pie in the world is the one that manages to combine a set of ingredients in a harmonious way, without displeasing those who will taste it.
Chocolate pie with icing sugar
Ingredients for the base (8 servings)
- ¼ glass of white wine (50 ml)
- 1 teaspoon of salt (5 g)
- ¼ glass of water (50 ml)
- ½ cup of olive oil (125 ml)
- 3 cups of wheat flour (360 g)
- Utensils: transparent film
- First, in a bowl, put the flour and salt. Mix with a spoon to combine both ingredients, then make a hole in the middle of the bowl to pour the oil and white wine. Alcohol is the ingredient that will help to ferment the dough (otherwise the yeast would have to be used).
- Soon after, mix everything with involving movements, until the flour absorbs all the liquid.
- Once you have a compact dough, start kneading a little with your hands until it forms a ball. After that, let it rest in the bowl (with a lid) for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, continue to knead it again for a few minutes, and form a ball again, cover the container, and let it rest for another 30 minutes.
- Cut the dough into eight equal pieces and place each one on a piece of clear film. Wrap and flatten the dough with the help of a rolling pin. Shape into a circle or an oval-shaped dough, with a thin thickness (like cookies).
- Finally, repeat the procedure until all eight pieces are finished. Set aside, until the chocolate pie filling is ready.
Ingredients for the filling
- 2 tablets of dark chocolate for dessert (250 g)
- 1 cup of fresh cream (250 ml).
- 2 ½ tablespoons of butter (50 g)
- Icing sugar (to decorate)
- Optional: 1 medium egg, cinnamon stick (to decorate)
- Utensils: pie molds, fork
- First, preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Place the eight doughs in the pie molds, and pierce the bottom with a fork. Optionally, you can beat the egg and, with the help of a brush, lightly brush the egg into each pie.
- Afterwards, bake for 3 or 4 minutes. When ready, remove from oven, and let cool to room temperature. Then remove from the form.
- At the same time, break the butter and chocolate into small pieces.
- Meanwhile, put the cream in a pan, and bring to a boil. When it reaches the boiling point, remove from heat and add the chocolate and butter.
- Also, mix the cream, chocolate, and butter until you get a smooth mixture. Allow to cool to room temperature. Stir the mixture from time to time.
- Finally, fill the tartlets with chocolate, and bake for 7 or 8 minutes. Before serving, sprinkle some icing sugar, and you’re done!
Swiss meringue for your chocolate pie
Authentic Swiss meringue, unlike Italian meringue, has no lemon juice. It is a very light dessert topping, although a little more consistent than Italian and French, so it has a very intense sweet flavor.
The big advantage of using it as a dessert topping is that it can be used raw or baked. However, we must keep in mind that if it is used raw, we must use it on the same day of its preparation.
- Vanilla essence
- 5 egg whites
- 1 cups of sugar (200 g)
- Optional: vegetable dye
- First, in a bowl, place the whites and vanilla essence. Then beat the egg whites to mix the two ingredients.
- Meanwhile, place the sugar in a bain-marie. Once ready, mix all the ingredients, and bring them to the snow point with the help of a hand mixer. If you’ve decided to use vegetable coloring, now is the time to incorporate it.
In conclusion, chocolate pie is an excellent option to share on any occasion. It is a dessert with a delicious flavor, which is best served fresh ; however, you can enjoy this delight right after it is prepared at room temperature.