The beet diet is, without a doubt, one of the most effective ones for losing weight in a healthy and natural way. The truth is that there are many types of treatments to lose weight and that nature is full of fruits and vegetables that help us to regulate our bodies, but perhaps none has as many health benefits as this red-colored, fresh-tasting vegetable.
Among its properties, there is a moderate caloric value and a high fiber content, thus providing a good feeling of satiety. In this way, this limits the consumption of other foods that can make you fat. Do you want to know the properties of beets, as well as the type of diet you can follow? So keep reading this article!
First of all, beetroot is a wonderful food with amazing nutritional properties that should always be present in our diet.
It is a very energetic vegetable recommended in cases of anemia, blood disorders and in the period of recovery from illness, as well as for children and pregnant women.
It has a high iron content and, in addition, it is also rich in carotenes, folates and vitamins B1, B2, B3 and B6. So that you can better understand, we present an example of its nutritional properties if you consume a cup of cooked beet cut into slices:
- Calories: 31g
- Proteins: 1.5g
- Carbohydrates: 8.5g
- Dietary fiber: 1.5g
- Potassium: 259mg
- Phosphorus: 32mg
- Folate: 53.2mcg
- Vitamin A 58.5 IU
How to choose and save
Beetroot can be found fresh in supermarkets and can be sold by the kilo. Therefore, it is best to choose those that are firm, round, without blemishes and with a very intense red color. Also choose beets that have very green leaves, as they are fresher, and that have the same roots so that they are even when cooking.
Avoid the ones that have an enlarged shape and scaly skin on top, as they are hard, fibrous and have a strong flavor.
Keep fresh beets in the refrigerator and in a plastic bag so they last two to three weeks. The beet leaves, separately, must also be kept in a plastic bag, without being washed. In this way and refrigerated, the leaves can be kept fresh for three to five days.
But pay attention! Never freeze raw beets as they soften.
How to prepare?
- Beetroot is a vegetable that can be eaten raw, cooked or preserved. Its main use is in salads, although it can also be consumed separately, with garlic or onion and seasoned with a little oil, salt and vinegar;
- If you prefer to eat it raw, you can grate it and season it with a little oil and lemon;
- If you are going to consume cooked beets, they will be more easily digested. So, put them in salted water and boil them with the skin, otherwise they will lose some of their color and flavor. They should be boiled for at least an hour, after which you can easily remove the skin.
- Roasted: for this you must place the beets in the oven and remove them when they are tender. Cooked in this way, beets retain almost all their properties.
- And finally, the beet leaves can be used like spinach.
How to prepare your diet with beetroot
First of all, it is not recommended to follow the beet diet for more than 10 days in a row. Also, you should drink at least two liters of water a day during this time;
Beet juice to lose weight
This juice will allow you to obtain a set of essential nutrients for your body and, as if it were little, will provide a satiating sensation in the stomach thanks to the fibers that make your desire to eat reduced. This juice must be taken before meals.
- 6 beets
- 10 carrots
- 10 oranges
Method of preparation:
- Blend all ingredients in a blender, then store in a lidded container in the refrigerator.
Beet Diet Menu
First, you should consume lemon juice on an hour before breakfast.
A cup of tea or coffee with skim milk, 1 wholegrain bread toast with low-fat cheese, or a light yogurt with a spoonful of bran, 1 apple.
- Beet juice: a large glass;
- Salad: cucumber, tomato, spinach, lettuce and a little walnuts. Can be seasoned with oil;
- Rice cooked with skinless oven chicken or oven fish;
- 1 orange.
- Beet juice: a large glass;
- Vegetable soup, as well as an eggplant in the oven;
- 1 apple or 1 slice of watermelon or melon.