Have you lost weight in a very short time? So, you are also likely to have saggy skin, especially in the area of your arms and abdomen.
Sagging skin after weight loss is a frequent occurrence. This happens especially when we lose a lot of weight in a short time. Sometimes, it happens in such a short time that the dermis cannot adapt to the new physical conditions.
Hence the importance of avoiding the so-called miracle diets when you want to lose those extra pounds. It is advisable, in these cases, that the loss of body fat occurs in a healthy way. That is, as a result of a balanced diet, accompanied by appropriate physical exercise for this purpose.
As expected, this is something that will take time; time we shouldn’t speed up if we want to avoid sagging skin.
However, if for any reason you find yourself getting sagging skin, don’t despair. There is a solution before getting to surgical intervention.
We can tone up our skin if we follow the right strategy. G eralmente, do regular exercise and eat better than usual may help a lot. In this article, we’ll give you the details to help improve sagging skin after losing weight.
1. Consume adequate proteins
The first advice for treating sagging skin after losing weight is not to consume fruits and vegetables, but to consume proteins. Proteins can nourish muscle tissue and help the skin, which we need to tone up.
These proteins can be of animal or vegetable origin. However, it is better to opt for “lean protein”; that is, the one that helps us tone sagging skin in a healthy way.
Here are some foods that contain it:
- Chicken or turkey breast
Discover 7 tips for not gaining weight after menopause
2. Drink lots of water
It is not a matter of obligatorily drinking 2 liters of water or more. It’s simply about staying hydrated.
- Something as simple as drinking a sip of water every half an hour is the best we can do to stay hydrated.
- If drinking water is boring for you, there are always other equally healthy options like infusions or even water combined with some fruit.
Keeping ourselves hydrated is essential to promote skin repair.
3. Jump rope
As we indicated at the beginning: to overcome flabby skin after losing weight, we must exercise. Now, this isn’t just any exercise: we need high-impact routines that help build muscle.
- Start with exercises whose level of difficulty is lower. As time goes by and your fitness improves, you can increase the intensity and number of repetitions. Far from what we seek, the opposite can have detrimental effects on our health.
- A particularly effective exercise for toning your muscles is jumping rope. When your fitness allows, you can do 15-minute sessions twice a day. No doubt they will require a lot of effort from you, but you will be rewarded when you see the results.
4. Cinnamon infusion with honey
Cinnamon with honey is an effective remedy to prevent bone and muscle oxidation.
- A very interesting way to start the day is to prepare a simple cinnamon infusion with a little honey. We will, of course, prefer it to be organic honey. That is, the one to which sugar was not added in the production process.
- Drink on an empty stomach. This will help you to tighten sagging skin after losing weight.
5. Aloe vera
There are many benefits to using aloe vera. In fact, more and more benefits of this medicinal plant are discovered. Despite this, many people are unaware that it is very suitable for treating sagging skin after losing weight.
Yes, aloe vera is one of the best moisturizers and repairers for damaged skin. Its active ingredients, antioxidants, vitamins and minerals help treat the areas most affected by stretch marks.
- To benefit from it, just do a massage every day with the gel you extract from the leaves.
- Let sit for a few minutes.
- And wash it off with warm water later.
6. Weight exercises to treat sagging skin after losing weight
Continuous exercise is essential for firming sagging skin. For this, it is necessary to put all your will and establish a schedule that you dedicate exclusively to these routines.
The exercises you do should aim to increase muscle tone. This is a way to strengthen tissues. Thus, you will be able to adapt little by little to the new weights.
Weight training is one of the exercises that can help you achieve this goal.
- If you choose to go to the gym, instructors can tell you how to work in the most critical areas without getting hurt. It’s best to avoid carrying excess weight, which can damage your joints.
- If you decide to do weight exercises at home, do them carefully. Try to measure your limits. And try to work not just your arms but also your abdomen, combining weight lifting with other exercises.
7. Foods that help us produce collagen and elastin
To “repair” sagging skin after losing weight we need to consume adequate nutrients so that the skin regains not only its firmness, but also its elasticity.
We must, therefore, consume foods that help us synthesize collagen and elastin, two essential elements for skin health.
These would be some proposals that we should include in our diet:
- Green cabbage
In conclusion, it is important to remember once again that when it comes to losing weight, we must do it with health, without haste and without resorting to restrictive diets that almost always generate unwanted side effects.