It is very important for our personal, family and work relationships to have a well-defined and strengthened self-esteem, since if we respect ourselves, we can do the same with others.
But if you don’t like and respect yourself, how can you like and respect other people, or who will respect you if you don’t even believe you deserve respect?
For this reason, today we will talk about some tips for you to increase your self-esteem and, if you already have it well defined, they will help you to strengthen it and will be of great use so that you never feel disappointed with yourself.
21 tips to increase self-esteem
- Always use positive responses and affirmations to make yourself noticed and make you feel you are worth a lot. Each person in particular has an incalculable value, something you cannot buy or pay with any amount of money, you must be aware that it is worth much more than that.
- Never compare yourself to other people or feel inferior to anyone else; you are worth what you are and how you are, not because you are like so-and-so or because you look like so-and-so.
- It is very easy to confuse self-esteem with arrogance, which is what people who feel superior to others feel, a feeling that is not at all pleasant for those who witness it.
- Try to propose goals with the total certainty that you will be able to achieve them, you need to be completely convinced of your ability to achieve what you set out to do.
- Try to recognize both your strengths and your weaknesses. Be sure to ask for help if your wounds need it; this is not a sign of weakness, on the contrary. Those who know how to recognize that they cannot do something alone are strong and that they sometimes need a little help to achieve a purpose.
- Optimism makes everything much simpler than it really is, that’s why optimistic people are winners, as they achieve their goals by overcoming obstacles one by one and always thinking positively.
- Don’t let envy and jealousy take over your life, these are two feelings that can destroy your life and that of those around you. Each person has a way of being and feeling, so you don’t have to envy the life or the way of being of those around you.
- It is important that you receive in a simple and kind way the compliments they give you, they are certainly very well deserved.
- Exercise regularly, this will help you have a healthy mind and a body in perfect condition both in health and appearance.
- Try to devote at least an hour during the day to reflect or meditate on the events of your daily life, this is very useful to help remedy some issues that you are not very clear or that are not giving you the satisfaction you expect.
- Try to get enough sleep to perform well and live a healthier life.
- Just as the necessary time is dedicated to work and household chores, it is important to devote some time to going out and having fun in a healthy way.
- Don’t allow negative feelings to take hold of you, avoid resentments, don’t hold them, express yourself, and seek to heal them.
- Try to maintain a good relationship with the people around you, be kind and helpful; in a nutshell, treat people as you would like to be treated.
- Eat healthy, a balanced diet is essential for the proper functioning of both body and mind.
- Stay away from people who try to make you feel belittled, they are certainly not suitable companions.
- Whenever you have the opportunity, head to a park or any other place where you can enjoy nature.
- Whenever something good happens, recognize it and give it the value it deserves; it is important that you know everything you are capable of achieving.
- Learn to recognize your mistakes, don’t give importance to those who reject you for that reason; learn to correct them and never try to hide them. Remember that we learn from every mistake we make, and those who make mistakes gain more experience. It may sound cliché, but it’s the truth.
- Learn to love yourself as you really are; don’t try to disguise your feelings or your way of being.
- Try to distance yourself from the past, live in the now, as the future doesn’t count for much either, as no one knows for sure what’s going to happen, so it’s not worth worrying about.
- Don’t blame anyone for your mistakes, accept them and try to remedy them, it ‘s much healthier than putting the blame on someone who doesn’t really have anything to do with it.
Reflect on these tips for building self-esteem. Feel light, after all, everything is brief.