Peach is a fruit with an intense and very sweet flavor. To use it in an interesting way, we present these recipes with peaches, which will serve to make some delicious dishes with the fresh touch of this fruit.
According to a publication in the Rutgers New Jersey Agricultural Experiment Station , the peach is a fruit rich in carbohydrates, fiber, protein, vitamins and minerals. Contains 6% of daily vitamin A requirements and 15% of daily vitamin C requirements.
In addition, it contains 2% of the daily value of vitamins E and K, niacin, folic acid, iron, choline, potassium, magnesium, phosphorus, manganese, zinc and copper. Do you feel like adding it to your diet? Although this fruit can be consumed directly, in this article we present some delicious recipes.
1. Fillet stuffed with peach and cheese
The first of these peach recipes will allow us to prepare a very fresh dish, suitable for the summer. To prepare it, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 beef fillets (250 g)
- 4 slices of york ham (20 g)
- 1 teaspoon of mustard
- ¼ cup of peeled pistachios
- 1 ripe peach (40 g)
- 4 slices of semi-cured cheese (20 g)
- Half a cup of heavy cream (100 ml)
How to prepare the fillets
- The first step in preparing one of the two peach recipes we’ll be presenting today is to cut the cheese into very thin slices and remove the crust. Then place the fillets on a flat board and mash them with a rolling pin to make them thinner. On them, place the slices of cheese and york ham.
- Then cut the peach into thin slices and also place them on top of the filets. Roll each of the fillets so that they are in the shape of a roll. Keep them in this shape by securing with a long toothpick or stringing them together. In this way, it prevents them from being disassembled.
- After that, in a skillet, add the oil and fry the fillet rolls over high heat until the outside is golden brown. Meanwhile, preheat the oven to 180°C. Finally, after you finish frying the fillets in the skillet, place them in the oven for 25 minutes.
How to prepare the sauce
- Take advantage of the cooking time in the oven to prepare the sauce that will accompany the steaks. To do this, mix the cream and mustard in a bowl. Stir as you add the peeled pistachios. Add a few pieces of peach and let the whole mixture cook for 5 minutes.
- After the cooking time of the meat, remove it from the oven. On a plate, pour the sauce and, on top of it, place the fillet rolls, which you can cut in half and diagonally for a better presentation when serving.
2. Duck with peach magret
This dish is also perfect for summer and will mix the delicious taste of duck meat with a garnish of peaches. We can also enjoy the fruits of the season. To prepare it, we will need the following ingredients:
- Chives (10 g)
- 2 peaches (80 g)
- Salt and pepper to taste)
- 1 piece of duck breast (250 g)
- 1 tablespoon of balsamic vinegar (10 ml)
Method of preparation
- First, remove the fatty parts from the duck. Then, seal the duck breast in a skillet with a little hot oil. This will prevent the water inside from evaporating and the meat from becoming too dry.
- The chest will be almost done when its surface is golden on both sides. Afterwards, add the previously removed fat so that it melts with the meat and increases its flavor. This same fat will allow you to sauté the peaches, which you must cut into small pieces and add to the pan.
- Separately, cut the chives and add them to the previous mixture when the meat is done and the peach pieces are softened. As a final touch, add the vinegar and let it reduce so that the sauce thickens and further concentrates the flavor.
- After that, remove the pan from the heat and separate the duck breast. Place the duck meat on a cutting board and cut into steaks, which should be grilled. You should be careful that the meat is marked just enough to be done on the outside, but slightly raw on the inside. Finally, place the duck fillets on a plate and pour the sauce from the pan over them.
Presentation and tasting
With this second peach recipe, you will have a delicious dish that will combine the intense flavor of the duck, the sweet flavor of the fruit and the vegetable touch of the chives. Add salt and pepper only in the last step, when you are marking the meat on the grill, so that the steaks do not lose their juiciness.
Lastly, you can place the duck fillets in a semicircle with the peach sauce garnish in the center. Furthermore, as a final accompaniment, white or rosé wine can be the perfect drink to enjoy this very attractive and elegant dish.