Recently, it has become fashionable to make your own homemade creams for the care of the face or body, taking into account that, when prepared with natural ingredients, they can be much more beneficial to the health of the skin.
What is a regenerating cream for?
A regenerating cream is said to help nourish and care for the skin to restore its elasticity, firmness and radiance. It is not a definitive “solution” to the problems that the epidermis can present, but an extra contribution to make it look good.
Generally, this type of product is applied at night, when the skin can make the best use of it, through its own natural mechanisms.
As for the age-dependent application, it’s somewhat optional, in a way. There are those who start taking care of their skin more from the age of 25 and others from the age of 30 or more.
In addition to taking into account the age at which we start to take care of our skin with more care, it is important to remember that good results only appear if we apply the regenerating cream within a proper care routine.
Aloe vera regenerating cream
There are several homemade recipes for preparing an aloe vera regenerating cream. In some, the main ingredient is mixed with another one, such as rosehip oil, virgin coconut oil or almond oil. However, in other cases, aloe vera has full prominence.
In the recipe that we are going to comment on below, we decided to take advantage of the properties of various ingredients to obtain a very nourishing formula for the skin.
- 3 tablespoons of aloe vera gel (45 ml).
- 1 tablespoon of cocoa butter (20 g).
- 1 cup of almond oil (250 ml).
- 3 tablespoons of natural beeswax (45 g).
- Drops of natural essential oils (to taste).
- Container for cream.
- Airtight glass pot.
Note: If you don’t have an aloe vera (aloe) plant at home, you can ask a neighbor to have some leaves or buy yourself a plant. You’ll find it has more usage possibilities than you might think.
Method of preparation
- To prepare your aloe vera regenerating cream, you will need to cut the leaves into small pieces. Once this is done, you will have to remove the pulp or gel from the inside of the sheet. To do this, cut the pieces in half and scrape the inside with a spoon.
- Once you have the aloe vera pulp, you will place it in the airtight glass container and add the cocoa butter and almond oil. Then also include beeswax.
- When the container is full, you will heat it in a bain-marie. Then leave in hot water for a few minutes and wait for the ingredients to soften and melt.
- When everything is ready, you can remove the glass pot from the bain-marie (very carefully so you don’t burn yourself) and then shake it to mix the ingredients.
- If you don’t like the texture or it has become too lumpy, you can use a blender to better blend the ingredients together.
- When the cream is ready, it’s time to add the drops of essential oil you’ve chosen. With the mixture still hot, separate and place your cream in the containers chosen to store it.
Allow the cream to cool and the part that will not be used immediately should be kept in the refrigerator. That way, it won’t lose its properties and it will last longer, since natural creams usually “expiry” before any industrialized cream.
As we have seen, making an aloe vera regenerating cream is very simple. With just a number of ingredients that won’t be hard to find, we can take care of our skin at night with an all-natural product.
What’s up? Do you accept the challenge of making your own aloe vera regenerating cream? Have you ever made any other type of natural product? The satisfaction of making your own cosmetics is undoubtedly priceless.